Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Introducing the new bits and pieces ... the Digg widget

Long have I heard people talking about Digg, the news story social networking site, so finally I plunged in and signed up. I did so to solve a particular problem....the pain in the keyster it is to put toghether those Bits and Pieces link posts. I like to share articles that attract my attention, but going through the trouble of putting together posts simply to link to the articles is a bit time consuming.

Digg provides the answer. I simply "Digg" an article...and it appears in the "widget" window on the right side of this screen (scroll down to see it a bit). In that widget window, you'll be able to see the last 10 articles that I've "Digged"...no matter how long ago it's been. Anything that really deserves commentary, I'll likely still bring over and make it the subject of a full blog post, but the article sharing will now be done entirely by Digg.

Hope this new feature is fun for you (I'm certainly having fun with it).
Russell